Who am I?
My name is Nikolay Georgiev. I am a freelance sound engineer based in London, in love with music, recording music, mixing music and working with sounds. Friends call me Nik.
I still remember how fascinated and happy I was when I did my first ever 4-track music recording in 1996. Since then I have participated in projects of various musical genres like: classical music, jazz, folklore, pop, rock, progressive rock, electronic, metal and experimental music. In 2009 I graduated at SAE London in Audio engineering where I had the chance to record and mix on consoles like the SSL 4000 G+, Neve VR Legend, Neve Genesys, Neve Custom 75, SSL AWS, TL Audio VTC, Yamaha OR2, Neve DFC, Digidesign Control 24, Digidesign Icon and others. In 2011 I returned to SAE London, this time as a part-time lecturer and a technical support supervisor. Apart from the many classical live recordings, I have worked on various non-classical gigs like MTV Exit, Earth, Wind & Fire, Simply Red, Al Di Meola, Eric Truffaz Quartet, Methodman, many Jazz, Rock, Reggae festivals. I play electric guitar, compose music and love any minute spent in listening.
In 2008 I graduated with distinction in Philosophy and defended a thesis titled: ‘Truth, truthfulness and Music” – an attempt to interpret from a fresh point of view the so often misinterpreted philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche and his concept of Truth and truthfulness. I did this by focusing my attention on his passionate and radical visions of the music of Bach, Mozart and Richard Wagner.
What do I do?
• Location recordings of classical, jazz, acoustic music, vocals, all kind of contemporary amplified music.
• Music Production & Studio work. I can produce your music or simply engineer on your session. I can help you to choose the right studio for your aims and budget, engineer the recording, and once the session is over, edit and mix your tracks in my mixing room.
• Original samples for electronic and experimental music, sound effects, environmental atmospheres, ambient re-amping of “dry” sounds, or ambient mixing and re-amping of “dry” multitrack projects.
• Online Mixing (including free “mastering” upon request).
• Location recordings of acoustic instruments. Perhaps you need a violin part, cello or classical guitar for your film or song? Maybe a grand piano, or even a small orchestra? Would you like to have outstanding professional musicians performing on exceptional instruments in the right acoustic space? I can provide you with this.
• Sound design & foley. I can record almost any sound on earth and create completely new ones by the means of recording, synthesizing, editing and processing audio.
And in case there is a “more than one person job” to be done, a good team of professional audio engineers is always available to help.
• High personal attention for every project no matter the size;
• Very good technical knowledge;
• Well maintained state of the art recording equipment;
• Considerate musical pre-production (careful familiarization with the musical or film material and the final goals of the project and it’s budget, etc.);
• Good technical pre-production (pre-recording inspection of the recording venue, aesthetic and safety considerations, etc.);
• Careful post-production done in the right acoustically treated environment (editing, mixing & mastering);
• Competitive prices.